Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blueberry Buckle by Jersey Girl Cooks

When our big winner Carol told me she had just put a blueberry buckle in the oven, I wanted to know what exactly a blueberry buckle is. So she contacted Lisa of Jersey Girl Cooks to get permission for me to post this on my blog and I'm thrilled! This sounds delish and that is saying a lot because I am not a huge fan of blueberries! I have to admit I'll be making her Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins first...I am now craving donuts. Make sure to check out Lisa's blog Jersey Girl Cooks for some award-winning recipes! Okay, I just visited her blog again and you have to see her watermelon, feta, and arugula salad!

Blueberry Buckle by Lisa of Jersey Girl Cooks (Click on the link to see pictures and more info!)

Cake ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 pint blueberries

Topping ingredients:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup sifted all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch spring form pan. Sift together the 1 1/2 cups of flour, the baking powder and the salt. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix in the berries. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Combine ingredients for topping with a fork to make a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle this over the batter. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake is golden and you can test test for doneness by gently inserting a fork. If it does not come out clean, give the cake another 5 to 10 minutes to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment