Monday, June 29, 2009

Messy Monday!

If you aren't familiar with Becky of Project Domestication and Utah Loves Cupcakes, let me fill you in...

She loves Utah and she loves cupcakes! I love to read Utah Loves Cupcakes to keep up on all of the Utah cupcake gossip.

Becky shared this with me:

"Okay, I have a total mess up every once in a while."

That doesn't sound too bad...

"My favorite tasting cupcake recipe is the Salted Caramel Cupcake by Shelly Kaldunski in her cookbook "Cupcakes. It's a fabulous recipe but like every other time I make it I have this:

happen!!!

I'm not sure if it sinks because I overfill the cups or if it is an altitude problem. To my knowledge all my leavening/rising ingredients are up to par."

Anyone have any advice for Becky and her yummy volcano cupcakes? (hehe. Sorry Becky...the picture just reminded me of lava!)

It sounds like she's made these cuppys a lot, so I'm sure she's not filling them too much. My thought is that it may be the altitude...a lot of recipes that I get excited about don't turn out tasting the best...but don't ask me, I'm a doughdough!

I love hearing about your mishaps! Keep the submissions coming to kitchendoughdough@gmail.com!

1 comment:

  1. Aww...poor Becky.

    But, well, if it's any consolation, I think it still looks kind of charming. I'd take a bite.

    ReplyDelete