Monday, April 27, 2009

Bruschetta Sandwiches

So here's an update on my meal planning: We had leftover honey-glazed chicken Thursday and Friday, grilled cheese Saturday for lunch and dinner at Ikea, and today I don't even know what we ate...needless to say, I'm not doing very well yet. But I did come up with a delicious meal to eat for dinner tonight! I wanted to spice up our grilled cheese sandwiches, and I thought of how much I love bruschetta, so here ya go. (I'm sure this isn't a unique idea, but I'm glad I thought to make it! It's yummy!)

Bruschetta Sandwiches

French bread, sliced
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded (it cooks more evenly, according to America's Test Kitchen)
Tomato, diced
Fresh Basil

Turn on your oven broiler and set to high. Prepare the sandwich by adding the cheese on a slice of bread (or as many slices as sandwiches you want). Add the tomatoes and basil. Add more cheese to the top if you'd like. Butter the top of the bread for the opposite side of the sandwich. Place the bread on a baking sheet.

Now stick the sheet in the oven and broil your sandwich! Watch for the top of the buttered slices to be toasty brown and the chesse to be melted. You're ready to take it out, assemble your sandwich, and enjoy!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment