Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sock Monkey Preview

I've been on a quest today to make the closest replication of a sock monkey that I can with a cupcake! (Remember I said I - I'm sure someone else could do better!) I am obsessed with sock monkeys-I chose it for my son's nursery theme and I've been collecting things ever since! I've seen some adorable monkey cupcakes, but I just had to do a sock monkey cupcake! It is taking longer than I thought...I think I finally have it how I want it after many attempts. I am really tempted to show you, but it looks sloppy at the moment and I need to make some "final copies." So for now I'll show you the first steps.

Below is the basic form of the monkey head, the cupcake, frosted with white frosting, and an upside down mini cupcake...




Here are some of the pieces. Are you curious yet???

3 comments:

  1. What's the deal with your pictures all of a sudden? Only a little box with an x shows up - no pics - go back to how you were loading them before - this way doesn't work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i can't see pics either, and was hoping to, I love sock monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know! The only thing I can think of this time was I accidentally posted it to my other blog and I copy and pasted it...better reload it the normal way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete