Friday, April 10, 2009

Taco Soup

Posted by Picasa

This is a great recipe that makes a lot of leftovers! The hubby loves to bring it to work for lunch.

Taco Soup from my friend Mandy who found it in the Rockland, ID cookbook

1 pound ground beef

2 cans corn, undrained

2 cans kidney beans, undrained

1 large can of diced tomatoes (28 oz.), or 2 smaller cans (14.5 oz.)

2 packages taco seasoning (we like Taco Bell seasoning)

Toppings: grated cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips (we like to use Tostitos Scoops)

The recipe is simple, which is why I love it-I don't need to think much while I'm cooking it! Brown the meat and drain. Put all of the ingredients together in a large pot and heat it up! Top with cheese and sour cream and eat like a soup or use chips to dip.

I know fresh veggies are better than canned, but this is a great quick meal. It would be easy to make and bring to a potluck. Maybe next time I'll try using fresh ingredients!

1 comment:

  1. What?!?! No recipe? That's not fair...if you post a picture you need to post the recipe - or else we'll just salivate all over our keyboards without any reward!

    ReplyDelete